Khmer Life was established in 2004 by Ms Esther Ding, a Malaysian national who came to Cambodia to work with the Cambodian Methodist Services (CMS), a non-governmental organization working with the poor in Kompong Thom Province.
Since that time, Khmer Life has blossomed into a mature project of CMS, currently employing 25 full-time staff and several other part-time employees.
Our vision for those we work with is abundant life, where their physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs are being met. We want them to discover their true abilities, full potential and real self-worth.
- To produce high quality products which reflect the culture of Cambodia.
- To provide an opportunity for the less privileged to be creative and become entrepreneurs.
- To create a sustainable brand that reflects the personality and character of the people we work with.
- Holistic – We believe in dealing with the person as a whole – physical, emotional, spiritual and social – and helping them move towards an abundant life.
- Self-worth – We want to foster a sense of dignity and self-worth amongst our staff, boosting their morale and helping them to develop a vision for the future.
- Nature inspired – We use natural, God-given resources such as wood, leaves and coconut shells to make handicrafts that reflect the beauty of the created world.
- Reinvestment – All our profits are ploughed back into Khmer Life and used to acquire equipment and provide further employment opportunities for disadvantaged Cambodians.
- Partnership – Whether its Government, NGOs, churches, individual supporters or local people, we believe in partnering with others to give the poor of Cambodia the chance of an abundant life.
We try to use as much dumped materials as possible such as recycled plastic and coconut shells. We innovate these materials into contemporary designs mixed with Cambodian motifs.
In-house printingPrinting is done by our 10 employees with 6 years of experience in using all kinds of leaves, the contour of animals or the branch of a banana tree to stamp on fabric. We can print your customized orders.
Our hand-woven cotton and polyester fabric make production cost cheaper than the other suppliers.
We use natural resources such as wood, leaves and coconut shells to make handicrafts that reflect the beauty of the created world.